Thursday, May 15, 2008

Scene Twenty Three

DROMEY
He started to see me as his enemy, like an arch-nemesis or something. I could never maintain a dialogue for longer than five minutes. He'd just freak.
GASGAR
What do you think happened to him?
DROMEY
I don't have any idea. Maybe he's dead.
GASGAR
Why did you go there?
DROMEY
To look for the end of the world.
GASGAR
What do you mean?
Dromey sighs.
DROMEY
Gasgar, I can't explain things to you. You never understand, and then you get frustrated, and say things.
GASGAR
Like what? What do I say?
DROMEY
Shit. You say shit.
Gasgar sits back. Dromey stands up.
DROMEY (CONT'D)
If you weren't there, I can't explain. It's a thing the soul goes through, a burning. Everyone in it knows. But no outsider can understand.
GASGAR
That's what I am. An outsider.
DROMEY
No. You're burning with me.
GASGAR
Now. But they were so much larger, more real. That's what it is. I'm not as real.
DROMEY
When I taste you, you taste real. But you shouldn't be jealous. They're all gone.
GASGAR
Burned away?
DROMEY
Vapors. Around us. In me. Can you tell?
GASGAR
I don't smell anything.

No comments: